Instead of #Follow Friday, today is 50 Free Things Friday. This seems to be the year of value as skiers and riders are on the hunt to get the best bang for their buck. To help everyone score big we rounded up 50 free things that guests can do at member resorts this season. From activities to events, each CSCUSA resort has at least one complementary gesture that guests can enjoy â€“ besides the signature Colorado snow. Count ’em all up, complete ’em all this season, and cross ’em all off.
1. Free access to Eldora’s Nordic Center and Eldora’s extensive network of trails for season pass holders.
2. Free access to outdoor fire pit located slope-side on the south-facing Patio of Seven Trails Grille at SolVista Basin.
3. Free airline ticket to Steamboat for kids 12 and under when an adult ticket is also purchased with packages that are booked through Steamboat Central ReservationsÂ®.
4. Free attendance to all Aspen/Snowmass events including X Games or World Cup races.
5. Free child lift ticket to Sunlight Mountain Resort with purchase of two adult lift tickets on select dates.
6. Free childcare service offered to parents at Copper Mountain Resort through Kids’ Night Out.
7. Free coffee & hot cider before making first turns available at the base of any of the four Aspen/Snowmass mountains, complements of Green Mountain Coffee.
8. Free concerts, sponsored by Bud Light, are held once a month throughout the season in Aspen/Snowmass and are scheduled to coincide with key events and peak weekends.
9. Free Cross-country Skiing cross-country skiing trails at SolVista Basin.
10. Free cross-country skiing, ice-skating, snowshoeing and sledding at Telluride.
11. Free daily ambassador guided snowshoeing tours at Copper Mountain through Redfeather Snowshoe Tours.
12. Free equipment storage for guests who want to leave skis or boards at the base area at Wolf Creek.
13. Free gondola transportation to guests in Telluride who are travelling between the resort, the Intercept Lot, and the core of the Mountain Village.
14. Free Guided Mountain Tours at Crested Butte for guests who prefer to do their exploring with the help of an expert guide.
15. Free Guided Mountain Tours at Telluride.
16. Free Guided Mountain Tours with a Copper Mountain Resort Ambassador.
17. Free helmets for children with all lesson packages at Lovelandâ€™s Ski & Ride School.
18. Free Ice Skating on West Lake located in The Village at Copper for guests who bring their own skates.
19. Free kids play area at Purgatory with dedicated ski and snowboard instructors.
20. Free lift tickets at Loveland for kids 5 and under.
21. Free lift tickets at Ski Cooper for GEMS cardholders in March 2010.
22. Free lift tickets during the month of April at Monarch Mountain for GEMS cardholders.
23. Free lift tickets for children age five and under with the purchase of an adult ticket at Echo Mountain.
24. Free lift tickets for GEMS cardholders to Echo Mountain between December 02 and December 18, 2009, or between April 01 and 16, 2010.
25. Free Lift Tickets for Gems Cardholders to Sol Vista Basin on weekdays during January 2010.
26. Free lift tickets for kids 6 and under at Monarch Mountain.
27. Free lift tickets for seniors 75 and older at Echo Mountain.
28. Free lift tickets for skiers and riders 69 and over at Monarch Mountain.
29. Free lift tickets to Steamboat on certain dates when guests book lodging packages through Steamboat Central ReservationsÂ®.
30. Free lift tickets to Winter Park when guests book a minimum of two nights of lodging between Opening Day, Nov. 18, 2009 and Christmas Day 2009.
31. Free live entertainment every Saturday in May at A-Basin in the base area.
32. Free movies and crayons at the Children’s Center at Eldora for those who want to come inside, warm up, watch a movie, draw a picture, or just take a nap.
33. Free one-hour guided mountain tour at Powderhorn.
34. Free online car-pooling service for skiers and riders to Wolf Creek.
35. Free opportunity to participate in Wolf Creek’s full schedule of races â€“ the “Fun Series” â€“ as well as a number of special Holiday races.
36. Free prizes and participation at A-Basinâ€™s annual Spring Splash competition at Lake Reveal.
37. Free registration and attendance at Arapahoe Basin rail jams held every Saturday in May in the Treeline Terrain Park.
38. Free rental equipment for kids 12 or under for each five-day adult rental when packages are booked through Steamboat Central ReservationsÂ®.
39. Free reservations for First Tracks at Aspen/Snowmass where you can be on the slopes before the lifts start running, enjoy untracked powder and pristine groomers.
40. Free season pass to Loveland for guests who purchase a 3-Class Pass from Loveland’s Ski & Ride School.
41. Free Sing-A-Longs and Storytelling sessions at Pokolodi Lodge in Snowmass including marshmallows for roasting and hot chocolate.
42. Free skiing at Steamboat for children 12 and under when an adult regular-priced five-or-more-day lift ticket is purchased through Steamboat Central ReservationsÂ®.
43. Free sledding hill at SolVista Basin provides kids and parents the perfect place to play after the lifts are closed or when the kids have decided they’re ready for something a little less challenging.
44. Free Snow Play Park Next to the Patio at Sol Vista Basin features a Snow Play Park where kids will find a series of sculpted snow mounds positioned over a maze of plastic tunnels.
45. Free snowbike licensing at Purgatory.
46. Free snowcat rides to Tucker Mountain at Copper where guests have access to over 273 acres and 1,200 vertical feet of terrain in a high alpine bowl.
47. Free sunscreen and water available at the Mountain Safety tent near the base of the Red Lady Express Lift at Crested Butte Mountain Resort.
48. Free tours twice daily on all four mountains led by ambassadors at Aspen/Snowmass.
49. Free unguided ski days at Silverton in exchange for helping to prepare the mountain for the ski season, literally by packing the snow with their boots.
50. Free fresh, homemade shortbread cookies and cocoa on the weekends and during the holidays at Crested Butte.