With all the snow flying the past few weeks here in Colorado, it is clear that ski season has arrived. On a slow lift ride a few weeks ago I started pondering things I wanted to do this ski season. Some make the list year after year, some are new, some are givens, some have already been accomplished and it is an ever-changing list.
Since the 2012 portion of the 2012-13 ski season nearly over, I figured it was a good time to start working on my 2012-12 ski season bucket list.
- Pack a lunch and eat it in one of the revamped lodges at Loveland
- Ski first chair to last as many days as possible
- Call in sick for a powder day
- Ski outside of Colorado – you know, so I realize how good I have it here
- Ski with new people
- Do more backcountry skiing
- Night ski at least once (backcountry or at a resort)
- Let my skis leave the ground more often
- Snowboard at least one day
- Take advantage of free cat rides at places like Loveland, Copper, Aspen Highlands
- Take a clinic or lesson to improve upon my skills
- Take more photos/videos of skiing
- Ski with my family – check!
- Ski on opening day – check!
- Ski by myself
- Visit at least 15 different resorts (in and out of Colorado) – current count: 5
- Give snowboarding another shot
I’m sure the list will change frequently, but here’s to making the most of the 2012-13 season. It is shaping up to be a good one!