For the Second Time in Five Days, Colorado Mountains Receive Significant Snow
With two ski areas opening tomorrow and another five on Thanksgiving Day and over the weekend, Colorado Ski Country USA ski areas across the state received significant snowfall from a storm on Monday and Tuesday.
Purgatory, which opened this past Saturday, received 17 inches while Wolf Creek, which will open Thanksgiving Day, and Telluride in southwest Colorado received 16 and 11 inches respectively.
Elsewhere, Winter Park, which opens tomorrow, is up to 7 inches while 6 inches fell at Powderhorn, Sunlight and Monarch. Steamboat, which also opens tomorrow, has 5 inches thus far.
Snow is currently falling at resorts along the Continental Divide and will continue to do so for the rest of the day. If weather forecasts hold, guests visiting ski areas on Thanksgiving morning could enjoy some fresh snow.
- November 19: Purgatory Resort
- November 23: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort
- November 24: Aspen Mountain, Crested Butte Mountain Resort, Snowmass and Wolf Creek Ski Area
- November 26: Howelsen Hill
- Late November: Monarch Mountain
- December 2: Telluride Ski Resort
- December 9: Sunlight Mountain Resort
- December 10: Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, Cooper
- December 15: Powderhorn,
- December 17: Granby Ranch
- December 29: Silverton
Dates are subject to change.
Links to resort webcams:
- Arapahoe Basin http://bit.ly/1GNjD7l
- Aspen Highlands http://bit.ly/2fMbDYj
- Aspen Mountain http://bit.ly/1GiRPHE
- Buttermilk http://bit.ly/2fol9R2
- Cooper http://bit.ly/2g3Vs9H
- Copper Mountain http://bit.ly/2fD7iZX
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort http://bit.ly/2fMdnB2
- Eldora Mountain Resort http://bit.ly/2fbCteh
- Granby Ranch http://bit.ly/2gnuLQa
- Loveland http://bit.ly/2g3WF0E
- Monarch Mountain http://bit.ly/2g5iGwn
- Powderhorn http://bit.ly/1LMoa5T
- Purgatory Resort http://bit.ly/2fMfsg6
- Snowmass http://bit.ly/1P4XOSK
- Steamboat http://bit.ly/2g3IY3Z
- Sunlight Mountain Resort http://bit.ly/2fMemkP
- Telluride Ski Resort http://bit.ly/2eNN5RX
- Winter Park http://bit.ly/2g3DTsF
- Wolf Creek Ski Area http://bit.ly/2foiqa4