With the Holidays Right around the Corner, Decembers Forecast Promises More Snow
With more ski areas and terrain opening throughout December, Colorado Ski Country USA ski areas received another double digit storm over the last 48 hours.
Eldora was blanketed in 14 inches of powder, while skiers and riders at Steamboat enjoyed a foot of new snow. Winter Park and Arapahoe Basin each received 11 inches in the last two days.
Powderhorn, which will be open for a preview weekend this weekend, and Snowmass each reported 10 inches. Elsewhere, Aspen Mountain and Copper Mountain welcomed 9 inches, with Loveland Ski Area and Monarch Mountain each reporting 8 inches.
Sunlight Mountain Resort received 5 inches in anticipation of their opening day this Friday while Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk and Cooper, all of which open for the season this Saturday, received 10, 8 and 7 inches respectively.
The forecast through next week calls for more snow across the state, which will allow even more terrain to open in anticipation of a busy Holiday season.
Ski Area Open Dates:
- December 9: Sunlight Mountain Resort
- December 10: Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, Cooper
- December 15: Powderhorn
- December 17: Granby Ranch
- December 29: Silverton
Dates are subject to change.
Links to resort webcams:
- Arapahoe Basin http://bit.ly/1GNjD7l
- Aspen Highlands http://bit.ly/2fMbDYj
- Aspen Mountain http://bit.ly/1GiRPHE
- Buttermilk http://bit.ly/2fol9R2
- Copper Mountain:http://bit.ly/2fD7iZX
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort:http://bit.ly/2fMdnB2
- Eldora Mountain Resort:http://bit.ly/2fbCteh
- Granby Ranch:http://bit.ly/2gnuLQa
- Loveland Ski Area:http://bit.ly/2g3WF0E
- Monarch Mountain:http://bit.ly/2g5iGwn
- Powderhorn: http://bit.ly/1LMoa5T
- Purgatory Resort:http://bit.ly/2fMfsg6
- Sunlight Mountain Resort:http://bit.ly/2fMemkP
- Telluride Ski Resort:http://bit.ly/2eNN5RX
- Winter Park:http://bit.ly/2g3DTsF
- Wolf Creek Ski Area:http://bit.ly/2foiqa4