The new year is off to a snowy start at Colorado Ski Country USA (CSCUSA) ski areas across the state with nearly three feet of fresh powder for skiers and snowboarders.
In the last 48 hours Mother Nature has dropped 35 inches at Monarch Mountain, 30 inches at Crested Butte Mountain Resort and 29 inches at Wolf Creek Ski Area.
Skiers and riders at Steamboat enjoyed 22 inches, while Arapahoe Basin and Loveland Ski Area saw 21 inches and 20 inches respectively.
Elsewhere, Silverton and Eldora each received 18 inches, while the four Aspen Snowmass mountains saw accumulations of between 17 and 10 inches. Sixteen inches fell at Cooper, Purgatory and Winter Park, which welcomes the return of the Winter Park Express Ski Train tomorrow. Hesperus Ski Area celebrated 15 inches and Copper Mountain welcomed 14 inches.
Granby Ranch and Powderhorn each saw 10 inches of snow.
This recent storm will allow ski areas to open more terrain, if they are not already 100 percent open.
Keep up to date on daily snowfall totals and check terrain openings with the CSCUSA snow report: http://www.coloradoski.com/snow-report.
Links to resort webcams:
- Arapahoe Basin http://bit.ly/1GNjD7l
- Aspen Highlands http://bit.ly/2fMbDYj
- Aspen Mountain http://bit.ly/1GiRPHE
- Buttermilk http://bit.ly/2fol9R2
- Cooper http://bit.ly/2g3Vs9H
- Copper Mountain http://bit.ly/2fD7iZX
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort http://bit.ly/2fMdnB2
- Eldora Mountain Resort http://bit.ly/2fbCteh
- Granby Ranch http://bit.ly/2gnuLQa
- Loveland Ski Area http://bit.ly/2g3WF0E
- Monarch Mountain http://bit.ly/2g5iGwn
- Powderhorn http://bit.ly/1LMoa5T
- Purgatory Resort http://bit.ly/2fMfsg6
- Snowmass http://bit.ly/1P4XOSK
- Steamboat http://bit.ly/2g3IY3Z
- Sunlight Mountain Resort http://bit.ly/2fMemkP
- Telluride Ski Resort http://bit.ly/2eNN5RX
- Winter Park http://bit.ly/2g3DTsF
- Wolf Creek Ski Area http://bit.ly/2foiqa4